[time-nuts] ADEV from phase or frequency measurement

Volker Esper ailer2 at t-online.de
Sun Mar 2 23:50:06 UTC 2014

Sorry for the "time delay"...

TIC: SR620 with Z3805 as external reference; signal source
Nortel/Trimble GPSTM (GPSDO) 10MHz output

Enclosed two plots (SW: "Plotter"):
- one is sigma(tau) calculated from phase samples (SR620 TIME mode),
- the other one is sigma(tau) from frequency data (SR620 FREQ mode)

Whole equipment had a power up time of several days/weeks. Room
temperature was stable over both measurements (within about 2 degrees C).

Volker