[time-nuts] Another "atomic" clock question

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 01:47:25 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 4:51 PM, Charles Steinmetz <csteinmetz at yandex.com> wrote:

> What you are proposing is a disciplined oscillator using the oven setpoint
> as the control input.

What I want to try is building a GPSDO for say $25 for everything
except the GPS.

A fun contest would be to adopt some low budget, like $20 and see who
can make the best ADEV numbers.  A rules would have to be only fair
market prices for components, not fair if you buys $1 rubidium clock.
It would have to be prices that anyone could get any day.   Or you fix
the task and lowest priced design wins.  Say the test is "a lab 10MHz
reference good to 11 digits" then see who can do the job at lowest
cost.

Thanks that schematic looks to be the exact one I was looking for,
I've got most of the rest of what's needed to connect it to a GPS.
--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California