[time-nuts] Another "atomic" clock question

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Tue Mar 4 22:45:55 UTC 2014

Hi

Be careful of what you wish for.

One way to “eliminate” the hanging bridge is to have the oscillator exactly on frequency. That sounds fine. The problem is that you are always in the middle of a bridge. The other way is to put the oscillator well off frequency. That way you have lots of sawtooth action. There are lots of ways to get an oscillator off frequency ….

Bob