[time-nuts] ADEV from phase or frequency measurement

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Mar 9 22:32:36 UTC 2014

Hi

Do you routinely do arc welding while waiting for an ADEV plot to finish :)… (I drink beer, but not everybody is into that …)

You might consider trying a passive splitter on one of the outputs of the GPSDO. There aren’t many ways they will mess up a signal other than by dropping it’s level. If level is a concern then indeed they could be an issue.

Bob

On Mar 9, 2014, at 6:17 PM, Magnus Danielson <magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org> wrote:

> On 09/03/14 22:36, Volker Esper wrote:

>>> The 1/sqrt(tau) curve is higher than the background noise of the
>>> counter. That flicker phase noise is more typical of a buffer or
>>> source than of the counter.
>>>
>>> For shorter taus I would expect the white noise to dominate.
>>>
>>> I'm just surprised about the level of flicker phase noise. What is the
>>> source?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Magnus