[time-nuts] ELEMEK LXK WWVB Receiver

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 13:21:13 UTC 2014

Tom
I may have missed your comment do you have one of these? It appears there
is very little data on them. Must not have been popular.
So from the posts I can give you a good guess. It would be a TRF receiver
without a crystal filter. This can be as reasonable as 4 transistor stages
to get that 100 DB gain. Further guessing. The PLL is based on 20 Khz phase
comp of a 100KHz ref/5. Could have been a cd4046 they were around back
then. I would truly be amazed if it actually used a set of mc1496 mixers
and quadrature decoding.
The new wwvb modulation will not allow the phase lock to lock. But the time
data may still be available if they were using simple AM demodulation with
a diode.
Thats my purest of speculation.
Regards
Paul