[time-nuts] Frequency Counter using OCXO and MCU

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 16:42:05 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 9:10 AM, cfo <xnews3 at luna.dyndns.dk> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 11:48:04 -0400, d0ct0r wrote:
>

> If you have a conditioning circuit betewwn the OCXO and the STM , i'd
> like to see it. As i have the need for one , trying to interface a 5v OCXO
> to a NXP 1114 Arm , that wants max 1.8v in the clockinput.

There are logic level converter chip made for this purpose or you can use a
comparator and compare the 5V clock to ground.  Or just a diode to clip the
sine wave.  If you connect a code.   Sometimes you can set buy with a pair
of resisters wired as a voltage divider.   I like the comparator best
because it will not load the clock.  Diodes will load it for other users.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California