[time-nuts] Power Supply for AD9852 / AD9854

Graeme Zimmer gzimmer at wideband.net.au
Sun Mar 16 16:52:10 UTC 2014

 > I would assume that using two voltage regulators will spread the load.
 > For the AD9851 I'am planning to put external radiator glued on top of
 > it.

One of my commercial projects used eight x AD9852. During development
they definitely needed small heat sinks glued on top of each chip.
I discovered that it's quite easy to cook a chip.

In the final version it was possible to switch off many of the internal
blocks so that the heat sinks were no longer necessary.