[time-nuts] Power Supply for AD9852 / AD9854

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Mar 16 17:18:19 UTC 2014

Hi

If you use multiple regulators for the same supply and they don’t come up at the same time, odd things can happen. On some chips those odd things include smoke. In most cases where it fails, the more common effect is the internal reset does not work properly and you can’t talk to the chip.

You really need a multi layer board to heat spread these chips, you also need to reflow solder them to get the bottom pad properly connected to the via’s under the chip. Unless it’s already on a board, this is not a simple chip to use in a home environment.

Bob