[time-nuts] TADD-1 Distribution Amplifier Available Again!

John Ackermann jra at febo.com
Sat Mar 22 18:56:34 UTC 2014

We discontinued selling kits for the TAPR TADD-1 distribution amplifier
a couple of years ago when the MAX477 amplifier at the heard of the
design became unobtanium.  There were reports that the Analog Devices
AD8055 was a drop-in replacement, but I hadn't had a chance to test that.

Well, now I have and the AD8055 does in fact work fine.  In fact a
TADD-1 with the AD8055 tested a couple of dB quieter than an otherwise
identical board with the MAX477 (see the attached plot).  Gain and
bandwidth are very similar.

So, I'm very pleased to announce that TAPR once again has the TADD-1 kit
available for order.  The kit includes the PCB and parts, which are all
through-hole.

If the product info page at

http://tapr.org/kits_tadd-1.html

hasn't been updated yet to allow orders, you can go to

http://tapr.org/products.php

where you'll find the TADD-1 order link about half way down.  (I'm still
working to sync up with the webmaster...)

Some parts are still on the way from the vendors, so shipping time is
likely to be 10 to 14 days.

John