[time-nuts] Aircraft ping timing

Scott McGrath scmcgrath at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 19:24:41 UTC 2014

Actually traceability of parts for maintenance has nothing to do with unions and national security.   It has everything to do with failure analysis.

If a part fails it's entire path from manufacturer to maintanance and repair shops can be traced so if a part starts experiencing failures at Sn 12345 maintenance shops worldwide can be alerted

It's why a plane with no maintenance log is essentially worthless as every track able part needs to be dismounted and inspected and a new 'yellow tag' issued or compenent scrapped if no serial found

Sent from my iPhone