[time-nuts] GPSDO simulation tool

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 20:37:36 UTC 2014

Not complaining.  Just looking for open source tools to do the
analysis before I write them myself.  I figured someone must have done
this.  Found it in ../tools as you said.  Thanks.
Plotting is the easy part, any number of tools to do that, analysis is harder.

I'm looking at your simulation software, thinking I could add a PID
autotunner.    Even using brute force search it could finish over
night.  Compared to the months it would take using real hardware.

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 1:00 PM, Tom Van Baak <tvb at leapsecond.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I'm pretty sure John distributes complete source code to TimeLab as part of the installation.
> My source code is at www.leapsecond.com/tools
> There are also many open source plotting tools available.
> Not sure what you're complaining about, really.
>
> Please try using the GPSDO simulator and let's talk time & frequency instead of open & closed operating systems.
>
> Here's an example of what you can do -- varying the pre-filter from 1 to 1000 seconds.
> First, using the cute little Adafruit "Ultimate GPS" MTK3339 board: gpsim-22.gif
> Second, using the fancy CNS-II M12+T box: gpsim-23.gif
> Both with the same OCXO and same gpsim1 default P,I,D parameters.
>
> These plots would have taken weeks of data collection. Instead it took 20 seconds with the simulator.
>
> /tvb

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California