[time-nuts] Aircraft ping timing

nuts nuts at lazygranch.com
Sun Mar 23 08:45:15 UTC 2014

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 06:58:22 -0700 (PDT)
"J. Forster" <jfor at quikus.com> wrote:

> I'm not so sure it is worth much as parts, except possibly on the
> black market. I believe the aircraft industry is big on tracking
> every part, cradle to grave. After all an under spec bolt can cause a
> very expensive crash.
>
> YMMV,
>
> -John

Well timing related (just barely), scraping an airplane is a function of
the metals market. For those in southern Ca., KVCV (Southern California
Logistics) is where they melt down the old planes. These salvage yards
knew the content of each bird down to a science, and thus know when to
start the process.

If you slip them $20, they will let you tour the boneyard. Same goes
for Mojave.