[time-nuts] Aircraft ping timing

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Sun Mar 23 13:05:23 UTC 2014

>Da: rmoncur at bigpond.net.au
>Data: 23/03/2014 10.58
>
>For info MH370 did transmit ADS-B signals up to 17:21 UTC on 7 March when it
>seems it was either switched off or disabled.  You can still see the track
>it took up to this time using the playback facility on Flight Radar 24 by
>say starting at around 17:00 UTC on 7 March. The flight No on ADS-B is
>slightly different and shows as MAS370 rather than MH370. Both are quoted on
>Flight Radar 24 when you click on the aircraft to see its track.
>
>http://www.flightradar24.com/7.69,100.35/6

It seems to me that this has not yet been mentioned: Flightradar24 offers for
free a Radcape ADS-B receiver (which includes a GPS receiver) provided that you
have a good location and a continuous internet connection. The unit may work
stand-alone and doesn't need a computer. Check if you may apply starting from
here:

http://www.flightradar24.com/increase-coverage

Antonio I8IOV