[time-nuts] Equinox and sidereal time

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 23:02:24 UTC 2014

Hi,
can anyone out there point me to a source
for the exact time of the equinoxes and solstices
so that I can synchronise a sidereal clock?
I assume that at some time the Universal Time we use
is exactly the same as Sidereal time, and so a Sidereal clock
could be set.
I have a Tbolt producing 10MHz, and divide it with one of Tom's
excellent PICDIV chips, to get sidereal seconds. I would like to
be able to hear them ticking away as I follow a star with a theodolite,
and check my local time and position.
If I use published times for the equinox, to one minute, I only get
about 0.2 second resolution.
There is probably more to this than meets the eye, but where does one
find out about it?
cheers,
Neville Michie