[time-nuts] Nav Receiver Sawtooth Correction?

EB4APL eb4apl at cembreros.jazztel.es
Mon Mar 24 00:35:03 UTC 2014

Bob,

The sawtooth is generated by the granularity of the GPS receiver clock
not being synchronous with the recovered PPS.  The receiver program can
calculate the correction to be applied to the next PPS and outputs it in
a message, bu only in timing receivers, this is not a useful thing in
navigation receivers and I think that it cannot be calculated using the
satellites' position, it is a receiver "defect".
Why don't you buy a timing receiver?  An used Motorola Encore M12+
timing receiver can be bought by $35 or less (ebay items 290656401551 or
301131583613.  The seller is a known Time Nuts supplier).  An UT+ or GT+
even for quite less.

Regards,
Ignacio EB4APL