[time-nuts] GPSDO control system

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Mon Mar 24 07:44:33 UTC 2014

David wrote:

>How do you lock your OCXO to the PRS10?

I just use a 1:1 PLL.  Some will argue that phase locking two
oscillators running at the same frequency is not optimal, but I have
found that it can work very well.  YMMV.  Perhaps locking a 100 MHz
OCXO to the PRS10 and dividing its output down to 10 MHz could yield
better results (and perhaps not) -- but I have no desire to start
collecting 100 MHz OCXOs and culling them to find the best one, so
that hypothesis is left for someone else to investigate.

Best regards,

Charles