[time-nuts] RC TIC linearity correction?

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Wed Mar 26 03:59:26 UTC 2014

I hadn't given any thought to correcting the linearity of the TIC I built, but my PLL plots tell me I should do it now.  Explanation: when I arrange things so that the phase point is near the top of my TIC's range, it requires a smaller movement than when the phase point is in the middle:  Presumably the difference is even greater near the bottom.  Can anyone give me a reference of some type for doing this?  I looked around a few weeks ago, but my google-foo wasn't up to the challenge.

The schematic is essentially this, except that C1 doesn't really exist.  It was a place-holder on my board in case the caps in the PIC weren't up to it by themselves - which they were.  And, not that it matters, but the level shifter (Q1,Q2) was also not needed.

http://www.evoria.net/AE6RV/TIC/TIC2.bmp

Bob - AE6RV