[time-nuts] RC TIC linearity correction?

Stanley timenuts at n4iqt.com
Wed Mar 26 15:49:51 UTC 2014

>>I hadn't given any thought to correcting the linearity of the TIC I
>>built, but my PLL plots tell me I should do it now.

One method would be to calibrate with a series of  buckets that you fill by
sampling a random source, the more samples in a bucket the more range in
phase for that bucket. For example 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 2 2 1 0 samples sum equal
17 so each unit equal 17/(total range of  TIC) and the bucket with 3 samples
would be 3 * 17/(total range of TIC).

Stanley