[time-nuts] NTP and Windows 7

John Nelson honeyway at outlook.com
Thu Mar 27 17:31:52 UTC 2014

Many thanks to those who replied. I've joined the NTP list and some messages
in the archive suggest that the NTP/Win 7 timekeeping problem has already
been raised there. In the meantime I've adjusted the power-management and
some device settings as suggested. In response to a question, the machine
has 4GB or RAM and the worst-case load reported by Task Manager is about
65%.

>Also, the PlanePlotter website says that it runs on XP -- are you running
something else that could load the system to the point where Win7 stutters?<

I don't think so. PlanePlotter only seems to drive the system up to about
60-65% every now and then, presumably when it's downloading and uploading
fixes.

John