[time-nuts] GPS-18x behaving weirdly

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Mar 27 18:58:00 UTC 2014

jimlux at earthlink.net said:
> Has anyone seen a similar behavior?  I've tried the power cycling, and  the
> Garmin "reset" command.  I've not done the "clear non-volatile  memory"
> which makes it forget the almanac.

I had one GPS-18x LVC go insane.  I don't remember the details.  I think it
didn't say anything as compared to saying things that didn't make sense.

I tried to take it apart, but never got very far.  After a month or two, the
battery ran down and it started working again.

Since you have nothing to loose, I'd leave it running to see if it recovers.

If anybody figures out how to update the firmware from a non-Windows
environment, please let me/us know.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.