[time-nuts] FEI-5660 Rubidium Oscillator

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Mar 28 11:33:07 UTC 2014

Hi

Crystals are susceptible to vibration. That’s pretty well documented. They have resonances in the mount structure. They have a 2G tip sensitivity.

Audio when it “impacts” an oscillator induces vibration. If your noise source is a rocket engine, then the vibration is “non trivial”. You do indeed see phase noise on the oscillator from audio …

Bob