[time-nuts] Another Arduino GPSDO

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 07:41:27 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 6:56 PM, Eric Williams <wd6cmu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Right, I should be able to get that from the TIM-TP message, but then what
> do I do with it?  Not sure how I can apply a picosecond correction in this
> configuration short of adding a programmable delay line chip that would
> cost more than the GPS receiver did.

After you measure relative phase from PPS to local oscillator and convert
that to nanoseconds you add the sawtooth correction.  (I may have the sign
wrong and you subtract it.)  If you are already decoding serial data to
drive the numbers on your clock it just adds a few more lines of code.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California