[time-nuts] Low cost GPS module for < 100ns timestamping error

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun May 4 15:40:50 UTC 2014

Looks like this is all you'd need for most timing projects.  Just add your
favorite OCXO and some wire.

The SPARC (not Spark) is actually a step up from ARM.  It was developed by
Sun Microsystems (now Oracle) it is optimized for things like fast context
switching, multi tasking and so on, all the things done by operating
systems. The Sparc V8 does 128 bit floating point, (quad precision) I
wonder if 200Kb RAM is enough to run an older version of SunOS?  (a BSD
variant.)

Are these shipping yet?

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 7:07 PM, Tony <tnuts at toneh.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On 03/05/2014 02:07, Edesio Costa e Silva wrote:
>
>> Welcome!
>>
>> Take a look at NavSpark from SkyTraq (http://www.skytraq.com.tw/). They
>> had
>> an Indiegogo
>> (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/navspark-arduino-
>> compatible-with-gps-gnss-receiver)
>> campaign recently and should deliver real soon now. The NavSpark chip has
>> an
>> trigger pin for time capture, a feature suggested by a fellow time-nut
>> and a
>> 100 MHz clock.
>>
>> Edésio
>>
> Wow, that is very interesting - especially at under $18 including a
> powerful micro. Looks hard to beat, but would have preferred an ARM chip
> rather than SPARK. Can't have everything I guess!
>
> Tony

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California