[time-nuts] Low cost GPS module for < 100ns timestamping error

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun May 4 18:44:39 UTC 2014

Hi

Well I do have those Sparc machines sitting over in the shed ….. I suspect hauling over the CRT monitor to go with it would be a bit of a pain. I doubt I would win the “low power GPSDO of the year” award with it.

————

Like it or not, once you get to 64 bit math, the “this versus that” hardware questions matter less and less on a GPSDO. The world is awash in CPU’s that will do what you need to do. The real issue is software / firmware. Since GPSDO’s were not a real big deal back in the 70’s and early 80’, there probably isn’t a lot of native GPSDO code for PDP-11’s or SPARC’s.

Bob