[time-nuts] STEL 1173 datasheet

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Wed May 7 16:25:20 UTC 2014

I've been looking for some kind of converter but, so far, I've come up
empty.  A converter to allow a PLCC44 to be used in place of a DIP is
easy to find, but a converter to allow a DIP to be used in place of a
PLCC44  is rare, at best.

It also occurred to me that signal fidelity (crosstalk, ringing, etc.)
could be an issue in such a conversion.  The 4065C manual says that the
synthesizer clock is 45 MHz and the output of the 1173 drives an
AD9713BAP D/A converter to generate the 12.6 MHz sine wave.

Signal fidelity could also be an issue with an FPGA replacement for the
1173.  The FPGA would be on a board that would have to be connected to
the original location with a cable around 10 cm. in length.

Ed