[time-nuts] LPRO-101

Gerald Molenkamp geraldm at COMMTELNS.COM
Thu May 8 07:05:42 UTC 2014

Hi all,

FYI. Last weekend my LPRO-101 decided to give up after 6 years of non-stop service in the shack. The symptom was no 10MHz output. I checked all required regulated voltages, all appeared well.

I started to prod and poke around the 20MHz VCO area and found that the slightly touch of a wet fingertip kick started the 20MHz VCO. I recall reading Fred ( PE1FBO ) repair guide some years back, He had mentioned failed 100K 0603 resistors.

As it turned out, I ended up replacing 7 x 0603 100K resistors on the base side of the PCB, most measured well in the mega ohms. All other resistors appeared to be as normal as you could measure in circuit.

Very pleased with the LPRO-101 given the age of my unit (15 years old) , and the lamp voltage is healthy 8.3 volts.

Regards

Gerald

VK3GJM

--
This transmission or any part of it is intended solely for the named
addressee.  It is confidential.  The copying or distribution of this

If you have received this transmission in error, please phone
  +61 3 8340 6100  or by reply e-mail to the sender.  If you are not the
named addressee, you must destroy the original transmission and its contents.

You may not rely on electronically transmitted material unless
requested that the transmission is subsequently confirmed by fax or letter.
Material transmitted to you should also be checked by reference
to a hard copy of that material printed directly from our word processing system.

Message  protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering.http://www.mailguard.com.au/mg