[time-nuts] Datum 4065A Cs Standard Info?

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Sun May 11 22:12:37 UTC 2014

Hi Magnus,

Yes, I've read a couple of documents on the process.  Basically they
hold the OCXO EFC constant while they shift the DDS frequency around to
make various measurements on the response curve to check the health of
the tube, whether they're tuned to the right peak and that they're
centered on the peak.  Adjusting the OCXO is almost a seperate process.
Quite ingenious - when the DDS chip is working!

Since the chip replacement isn't going to happen quickly, I thought I'd
spend some time exploring the system and learning what I can.  I even
had the idea of breadboarding up a modulation scheme similar to the HP
5061A just because it would be interesting to implement my own system.

Ed