[time-nuts] FTS 1200 transistor replacement

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Sun May 18 00:13:33 UTC 2014

>Thanks for all the help. I do have a couple of BC 109 but I thought with
>all the work to carefully disassemble the unit that after 30 years there
>would  be a better transistor.

The fundamentals of solid state physics haven't changed much in 30
years....    ;-)

It's a tribute to semiconductor scientists that our fabrication
processes have been delivering devices with very close to theoretical
performance for ~50 years.  (But I'm still waiting for commercial
graphene FETs.)

Best regards,

Charles