[time-nuts] PIC Programmer for Piklab in Linux?

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Sun May 18 16:05:39 UTC 2014

Hi Rudolf,

The Pickit2 configuration choices were a bit confusing, so I decided to order a different serial board that contains actual 16550s. Now that I've had a chance to assimilate what I've learned, the problem is traced to the 3 Volt 3243 chips that are in today's serial boards.  After doing more searching, I found a post by Roberto, EB4EQA on QSL.net  where he made an booster to get around the problem.  If the new serial board doesn't work out, Roberto's booster looks simple enough to hack together and I can continue to put off switching from my trusty old JDM.  I may make 2 of them so I can get LIRC pulled off of the motherboard port, as well.

http://www.qsl.net/eb4eqa/serial_booster/serial_booster.htm

Bob