[time-nuts] New tide gauge uses GPS signals to measure sea level change

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Wed May 28 22:08:31 UTC 2014

Hal, you bring up an interesting point:  Is the receiver in a Z3801 inherently more accurate in position reporting than the receiver in an Adafruit?  Somehow I doubt it, if for no other reason than the improvements in technology.  (Excluding any programming errors that may or may not exist in the MT3339.)  What the Z3801 has that the 3339 doesn't have is code to accurately calculate the PPS timing error based on a fixed position.  So, if my reasoning is correct, wouldn't you do better running the Adafruit "X" number of days and doing an average of the position over that period?

Bob