[time-nuts] WWVB paper in May 2014 IEEE communications...

Scott Newell newell+timenuts at n5tnl.com
Sat May 31 18:22:15 UTC 2014

At 08:01 AM 5/31/2014, Bob Camp wrote:
>Hi
>
>Well that's a bit more information. We seem to be missing the
>deployment schedule on the other new modulation formats. I kind of
>doubt that the watch and clock guys are going to start the fabs
>turning out millions of chips until they can test all the formats.

http://www.eversetclocks.com/press
http://www.eversetclocks.com/receivers

They claim to have shipped samples back in 2013, with production
slated for Q3. I can't find anyone selling them.

Is anyone recording or decoding the new phase modulation? If so, what
are you using?

I'm trying to measure WWVB signal quality with an old radio clock
tied to a PC parallel port. Maybe I should ask for a sample of the
ES100 or ES200 to compare.

More modulation details:
http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/grp40/upload/NIST-Enhanced-WWVB-Broadcast-Format-1_01-2013-11-06.pdf

--