[time-nuts] Measuring ADEV for a beginner

Anthony Roby aroby at antamy.com
Sat Nov 1 13:29:25 UTC 2014

I've been reading a lot about ADEV and following the threads on the list, particularly Karen's in-flight thread. What I haven't come across is a simple explanation of the basic setup required to go about collecting the data.  John Miles referenced this page http://www.ke5fx.com/tpll.htm, and the simple setup at the bottom of the page looks like a reasonable place to start.  Seems that I'd need to acquire a phase detector and build or buy some filters and the amp.  I can probably figure that out, but how do I get the data into a PC?  Is there a basic hardware and software setup that someone could point me to or recommend?

Thanks

Anthony