[time-nuts] Measuring ADEV for a beginner

Anders Wallin anders.e.e.wallin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 15:42:30 UTC 2014

what you want to measure is a time-series of either frequency data or phase
data.
the simplest possible case for a beginner would be to have two clocks with
1-PPS (one pulse per second) outputs, and connect one clock to the
start-input and the other to the stop-input of a time-interval counter. If
you measure phase, keep the time-interval number to a 5...6 digit number
and you don't have to worry too much about the internal time-base of the
counter.