[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361, HP/Symmetricom Z3809A, Z3810A, Z3811A, Z3812...

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sat Nov 1 17:14:08 UTC 2014

I've confirmed from the model number that the GPS module on these is indeed
 an Oncore UT+.

There's a Synergy engineering note available regarding Oncore battery
backup, and one place a copy can be found is here...

http://f6fgz.free.fr/Fichiers/GPS/Backup_Battery_Considerations.pdf

If so desired, it would be possible to retrospectively convert  the UT+ on
the Z3811A to take the usual rechargeable battery but the  precautions
mentioned in the engineering note would need to be  implemented.
I'm running file checks on my archives right now so can't confirm  exactly
what's involved, but I think there's one zero  ohm SMD chip to be removed at
least, and fitting a battery can of  course bring its own issues.

If anyone's interested, I've just uploaded some detailed photos  of the of
RFTG-U Ref-1 circuit board to Didier's manuals site.
Probably far more detail there than even the nuttiest of us might consider
to be sane or healthy but I've got it apart anyway so what the  heck....
and they might come in very useful if it decides to self  destruct whilst
I'm poking it about on the bench:-)

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR