[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361, HP/Symmetricom Z3809A, Z3810A, Z3811A, Z3812...

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sun Nov 2 01:52:42 UTC 2014

Hi Bob,

I understand the consequences of not modifying the unit but, having done so
 and having a REF-1 unit running stand alone, I was just commenting that I
wasn't  sure whether or not it was necessary to implement all of Arthur's
modification in order to enable the basic functionality, or whether some
part of it might be purely to control the indicators.

As a follow on from that I was wondering whether or not it might  be
possible to achieve a similar result, at least to the point of just making it
functional, just by cross linking some of the out and return paths,  "faking"
it without the need for an additional powered interface if you  like, not for
any other reason than it might then be possible to make  a plug in
modification that could be fitted without needing to  open the box.

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR

In a message dated 02/11/2014 00:19:57 GMT Standard Time, kb8tq at n1k.org