[time-nuts] Hydrogen Maser KIT! Update #1

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Nov 2 21:43:53 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2 Nov 2014 16:28:47 -0500
Bob Camp <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:

> It’s been way too many years since my last Maser play session …
>
> Will it fire up *without* the Teflon coating on the bulb? Yes it works
> *better* with the Teflon (less wall interaction). Getting the bulb
> re-coated might be a major pain.

According to some of the papers i've read, parafin might be an alternative
to Teflon. The interaction of Hydrogen with Teflon is lower than with
Parafin, but it might be acceptable (Curiously, if it were a Rb maser,
you'd use a parafin coating instead of a Teflon coating).

				Attila Kinali

--
I pity people who can't find laughter or at least some bit of amusement in
the little doings of the day. I believe I could find something ridiculous