[time-nuts] Hydrogen Maser KIT! Update #1

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 2 23:42:40 UTC 2014

On 11/2/14, 3:09 PM, Magnus Danielson wrote:
> Bob,
>
> Yes, but your Q will suffer.
>
> Yes, I've dug out *aged* papers. I was sad to see that JPLs server was
> taken down before I got to download their wealth of papers. Naturally it
> happen just after I found out it also had a hydrogen maser section, but
> also Chuck's papers was lovely to have collected in that form.

which server was that?  I know they rearranged a lot of the technical
report servers, and then there was that "we don't know if it's export
controlled, so take it off line until we figure it out" episode.

It might still be there, but at a different URL.  There's been a
significant amount of reorganization within JPL over the past couple
years.  The same people are probably in the same offices and working
with the same colleagues, but the name of the group and/or it's number
might have changed.

Along with this, there's been a general reorganization of websites to
make them more consistent, but it's a "when we have time and someone to
do it" kind of thing for most sections/groups.  If you get lucky,
there's someone in the group who gets ambitious and does it.

The clock guys are in Section 335 (which also does stuff like GPS and
measuring the Earth's rotation, and science done with GPS propagation)

A bit of googling did not find a public org chart.. there ARE org charts
for some of the other sections, but "he/she who runs the website has to
get the approvals for public release" and some sections/groups are more
enthusiastic about this than others.  The websites are not done by some
centralized organization.

And, the org charts aren't necessarily up to date (by years, in some cases)