[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361, HP/Symmetricom Z3809A, Z3810A, Z3811A, Z3812...

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Nov 3 02:54:42 UTC 2014

Hi

Here’s another way to look at the data:

		pin		pin		res		res
Pair		from		to		from		to

A 		1		9		oc/1k	10k
B 		2		10		10K		o.c.
C		3		11		1K		1K  (short pin on 3)
D		4		12		1K		o.c.
E		5		13		o.c.		gnd (short pin on 13)
F		6		14		1K		o.c.
G		7		15		o.c.		o.c./ 1K

I don’t know if that’s more clear or more confusing. It certainly suggests there are a variety of things going on.

OC on one, 1K on the other D,F and 1/2 G
Different GPS, Slave A,G
OC on one end 10K on the other B and 1/2 A
OC one end Ground on the other E
1K both ends C
OC both ends 1/2 G
1K and 10K 1/2 A

I suspect some of the open circuits are just that - no connect.

I wonder what happens if you plug two GPS’s together or two slaves together? Some of the odd pins may be to sort that kind of thing out.

Bob