[time-nuts] pn3048 software

Ivan.Cousins ijcousins at frontier.com
Wed Nov 5 12:34:56 UTC 2014

It depends upon what frequency range is desired.
I have upconverted and downconverted noise sources for receiver work.

On ebay I would look under noise generators.

I agree that the small HP modules are expensive.
The larger units from other vendors often have the step attenuators
built in.
Look for Noisecom, Rhode, or other makers for good deals.

I am presently working in the crystal oscillator frequency range.
I have enough noise generators for the frequency ranges that I am
working on.

Resistive combiners are easy to make if a 6dB resistive splitter in not
available.

Ivan Cousins