[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361, HP/Symmetricom Z3809A, Z3810A, Z3811A, Z3812...

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Nov 5 12:41:39 UTC 2014

Hi

On a “real” Ref-0 / Ref-1 combo, the Lucent status message (RS-422 / PPS port) shows which device the string is coming from. This is independent of their status bits. Previous digging into similar units shows the same thing on earlier Lucent GPSDO’s. All the details are buried (200 posts back according to some ..) in one of my previous posts.I do not have anything on the diag port, so I don’t know what it says.

Looking at the few unknown pins / pairs on the 15 pin connector, I’m guessing that one of them might be high or low depending on it being a Ref-0 or Ref-1. I’m also guessing that the pair on pin 15 is serial both ways. At this point my guessing average is not to good on these parts. I’m not really expecting that it will improve. Figuring out what the last few pairs do would be a nice thing.

Bob