[time-nuts] [Bulk] Re: New Guy, has HP 5061A with DATUM 7105A tube seeks advice

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Thu Nov 6 12:54:13 UTC 2014

I agree.  Plug it in and see what happens although I would probably disconnect and remove the NiCd batteries and inspect for and clean up any leakage issues.  I would also remove A2, the battery charger board, until initial tests are completed.  A2 is the center board seen from the bottom.

I suspect the plug you have is correct.  You probably have to disassemble it, rotate the 'insert' to the proper orientation for the socket on the back, 'file out' a small 'ridge' in the proper 'orientation groove'  on the 'insert' that will allow the 'insert' to be reinstalled in the 'housing', then reassemble the plug.  Make sure the electrical pins and sockets 'line up' (A to A, B to B, and G to G) between the insert and the socket on the back of the unit.  I had to do that on mine.

Good luck.

Joe