[time-nuts] Divide by five

Said Jackson saidjack at aol.com
Sat Nov 8 08:46:39 UTC 2014

The 74F161 is only rated at 90MHz over temp (TI) and 120MHz or 100MHz (unclear) at 25C and then only as "typical" without any max freq being indicated at all in the datasheet (Fairchild).

So thats pretty much a no-go for any commercial product even at 'only' 100MHz..

Again for a one-off it may work, but not for a production unit that has to be guaranteed..

For a divide by 10 it would work if there is a 74AC74 type prescaler..

Bye,
Said