[time-nuts] Divide by five

cfo xnews5 at luna.dyndns.dk
Sun Nov 9 00:14:58 UTC 2014

On Sat, 08 Nov 2014 18:17:09 -0500, Bob Camp wrote:

> Hi
>
> I’ve done a lot of designs with Altera parts. They are fine parts, but
> they are not magic.

SNIP

 The Cyclone 2’s had a minimum rated PLL
> input of 20(?) MHz. The later parts bumped that down to 10 MHz. Much
> more TimeNuts compatible.
>
> Bob

Bob

Hmmm ...

I didn't know the CycloneII had a Min of 20Mhz.
Is that in some doc you can point me to ?

Well it seems to be 11Mhz for the CycloneII ... (Bummer from a T-Nut
perspective)
http://tinyurl.com/opvng2y

I just tried to do a 10 => 100Mhz PLL in the EP2C5T144C8 , using the
"MegaWizzard" , and there were no errors or warnings.

Strange if the Min input is 11Mhz

Anyways , thanx for enlighten me Bob.

CFO