[time-nuts] Electrolytic Capacitor Question

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Tue Nov 11 01:51:35 UTC 2014

Hi Perry:

(shameless plug)  Have you measured the tantalum caps?
I sell a combined ESR & Capacity meter that does in circuit tests on powered down circuits.
http://www.prc68.com/P/Prod.html#ESR

For an example of it's use on a Heathkit GC-1000 WWV clock see:
http://www.prc68.com/I/HeathkitGC1000.shtml#Rx and scroll down for more boards.

Notice that sometimes the  ESR is high and other times the capacitance is low for the bad caps.
The tantalum caps were OK, but almost all the electrolytic caps were bad.

Mail_Attachment --
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com