[time-nuts] 10 MHz OCXO recommendations

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Tue Nov 11 04:37:35 UTC 2014

>From the current crop of ebay OCXO's available, what have you actually used
that you would recommend for the following? Sine output, either 5V or 12V,
better than 0.2ppm stability after warmup. I plan on putting things in a
sealed box, so there shouldn't be too wide a temperature fluctuation.
Everything will be located indoors.

I want to use it as a standalone reference to PLL a 14.4 MHz VCXO. With the
right divisors, I can get both the 10 MHz (/10/10) and the 14.4 MHz (/16/9)
down to 100 KHz.

I could use a GPSDO, but that means needing a GPS antenna, plus costing a
lot more.

Joe Gray
W5JG