[time-nuts] My NTGS50AA failed

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Wed Nov 12 06:34:14 UTC 2014

Ignacio wrote:

>I'm not very sure that the DAC is working, I suppose that the unit
>doesn't measure the DAC output, it reports the DAC commands.  My
>voltage figures is what LH reports (so the NTGS50AA reports,
>probably what it is trying to do), but the frequency control pin of
>the oscillator is stuck at 5.02 V regardless of the supposed
>(intended) DAC output, it does not move at all.

One more thing that could be helpful -- on Nov. 2, 2013 Stewart Cobb
posted a description of the DAC operation for a Trimble Thunderbolt
("Thunderbolt tuning DAC theory of operation").  On Jan. 5, 2014
someone (no name) posted further information on the same thread re:
the Trimble/Nortel 45k.  You can find both posts in the list archives
(follow the link at the bottom of this post, then click "time-nuts
Archives" on the list home page).

Best regards,

Charles