[time-nuts] Second Units? KS-24361

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Nov 12 12:41:24 UTC 2014

Hi

If you look at the TDev plots or a phase plot on these units, they look a lot like a Z3801. They wander 10’s or ns as they do their “thing”. While GPS out of these receivers is good to (at most) 1 ns. That’s the resolution of the sawtooth (if they are using it). That only counts if you are looking at the 1 second to 1 second RMS deltas. The “fall off by tau” rule holds for a few decades past 1 second, but it does eventually fall apart. The GPSDO will follow GPS past a point.

Bob