[time-nuts] Efratom/Datum Starloc II

Paul Davis ziggy9+time-nuts at pumpkinbrook.com
Thu Nov 13 01:30:30 UTC 2014

I'm dusting off one of my GPSDO here, and find that I do not have the manual or the software for this Efratom/Datum Starloc II. With the Datum/Efratom/Symmetricom/Microsemi transitions (I may have missed one or two...) I don't know if any info is even still available from Microsemi.  Little is to be found elsewhere on the web. This unit was mentioned once or twice in the past on the list, but doesn't seem to have been too popular.

Thing is, it appears to be a Thunderbolt clone (more or less) as TBoltMon will talk to it. Lady Heather on the other hand, will crash  or hang and makes the Starloc hang too. It quits sending packets and refuses to respond to further input, requiring a power cycle. I havent traced which packet is killing it yet though (using 3.12 version).

Does anyone have any docs, software, or other info? I would much appreciate it. Thanks!

Regards,
Paul - K9MR