[time-nuts] strange carrier

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sat Nov 15 21:48:12 UTC 2014

Hi Ed:

The DISEqC protocol is a low level signal at 22 kHz which would not make the signal being discussed.
If it was me I wouldn't look to the neighbor until I was sure it was not coming from my house, hence the shut down the
house first approach.

It's very difficult to generate any signal strength near 60 kHz so rather than suspect a powerful transmitter it's more
likely near field and very close by.
WWVB has a small fortune in their antenna.  I ran a "Lowfer" beacon "LAH" on 175 kHz with a 50 foot tall antenna and the
signal strength was quite small because the antenna is a very small fraction of a wavelength.

http://www.prc68.com/I/FTA.shtml#DISEqC
Mail_Attachment --
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke, N6GCE