[time-nuts] KS-24361 "NO GPS"

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Sun Nov 16 20:29:35 UTC 2014

Like to confirm

It has been said ...
>When you apply power, all the LEDs on the front panel will flash.  The
>"NO GPS" light will continue flashing until you connect a GPS antenna.
>Once it sees a satellite, the light will stop flashing and remain on.
>The unit will conduct a self-survey for several hours.  Eventually, if
>all is well, the Z3812A ("REF 0" on its front panel) will show one
>green "ON" light and the Z3811A ("REF 1") will show one yellow "STBY"
>light.  This means that the Z3812A is actually transmitting its 15MHz
>output, and the other one is silently waiting to take over if it
>fails.

Is this correct about the "NO GPS" LED ?

Once the survey is over, and the GPS is considered to be "GOOD", should
the yellow NO GPS LED be lit ?

For me after being on for a while the LED for me are

REF 1
   NO GPS  ON solid  - this is the one I'm asking about
   Fault       OFF
   STBY      ON
   ON          OFF
REF 0